Saturday, July 21, 2012

Newbie Blog Hop ~ Hop On!


Like many of you out there I am new to blogging.  Grade Three is the Place for Me created this great blog hop to connect newbies to each other.  What a great idea!


Link up with me to share a little bit about yourself and then hop around to meet others.  


Here are the questions:
    1.  what state you are in
    2.  your current teaching position 
    3.  your teaching experience
    4.  when you started blogging
    5.  share a blogging tip / blogging resource


Here are my answers:
1.  I live in Arizona.
2.  I am teaching 6th-8th grade Science this coming year.
3.  I just started teaching 3 years ago after a long career in architecture   and design.  I did a post-bac program in K-8 education to become a teacher. I taught Kindergarten my first year and 1st grade the last two years.  So this year is a big leap!
4.  I started blogging at the end of February.  I had no idea how to get started, create a blog, leave a comment, link up, hop, tweet, grab or anything else.  It has been quite a learning curve!
5.  Teaching Blog Traffic School is a fantastic resource for new bloggers.  I haven't finished going through all of the courses yet and I have learned a ton.  It is a goal of mine to do all of the online courses and become a blogging afficionado this year.



Teaching Blog Traffic School
Another great resource is the Virtual Teaching Expo.  I signed up for the Blogging 101 event to help me get started in blogging.  They have other teaching events also to check out.  They are presented by Teaching Blog Addict and Teacher's Notebook.  Again, I haven't finished all of the videos in the event because it got me started and I am biting off pieces of it as I am ready to learn more.  That is the great thing about these resources - "When the student is ready, the master appears!"

Click on the picture below to read about the Blogging 101 Event.

I can't wait to hop around and meet all of you!

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you! Thank you for the blogging tip! I will definitely be checking out blogging 101. I love your blog design...it is so cute!
    :)

    Blessings of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through the newbie blog link up! I absolutely love your blog template and header-so cute!I'm your newest follower. Check out my blog if you get a chance!

    teach-bake-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you joined my first blog hop! What great resources! They are all new to me, so thanks!! I love your colorful blog! :)

    Grade Three is the Place for Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through the blog hop & am now following you! Stop by my blog if you haven't already had a chance and follow!

    THANKS for sharing!
    Brigid
    Brigid's Daily Lesson Log

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you on the blog hop. I am nominating you for the Versatile Blogger Award.
    stop by my blog and pick it up!
    Jessica
    http://tales-of-a-first-grade-teacher.blogspot.com
    (I am the yellow tulips pic--if you just want to click it to find me)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the GREAT blogging tips! I am about to check them both out! I need all the help I can get, but I am loving learning all about blogging and the techy stuff!
    Visit my blog if you can, I am a newbie trying to get followers!
    ~Tina

    Laugh Live Love Learn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog through this fun blog hop. I am learning about blogging the same way you did....Blogging 101 and Blogging Traffic School. Only thing is I am just barely starting. Kindergarten is a choice I made last year and I am excited to be staying. (although my daughter is teaching 8th grade science)

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog through the hop and am your newest follower. I'd love it if you stopped by.:)
    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am your newest follower! I nominated you for an award. Head over to my blog to get it!

    hootforfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! Found you through the blog hop.
    I am having a TpT linky party this week to allow teachers to promote their stores. Enter your TpT store when you get the chance!
    Join my TpT Linky Party

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love.