Like many of you out there I am new to blogging. Grade Three is the Place for Me created this great blog hop to connect newbies to each other. What a great idea!
Link up with me to share a little bit about yourself and then hop around to meet others.
Here are the questions:
1. what state you are in
2. your current teaching position
3. your teaching experience
4. when you started blogging
5. share a blogging tip / blogging resource
Here are my answers:
1. I live in Arizona.
2. I am teaching 6th-8th grade Science this coming year.
3. I just started teaching 3 years ago after a long career in architecture and design. I did a post-bac program in K-8 education to become a teacher. I taught Kindergarten my first year and 1st grade the last two years. So this year is a big leap!
4. I started blogging at the end of February. I had no idea how to get started, create a blog, leave a comment, link up, hop, tweet, grab or anything else. It has been quite a learning curve!
5. Teaching Blog Traffic School is a fantastic resource for new bloggers. I haven't finished going through all of the courses yet and I have learned a ton. It is a goal of mine to do all of the online courses and become a blogging afficionado this year.
Another great resource is the Virtual Teaching Expo. I signed up for the Blogging 101 event to help me get started in blogging. They have other teaching events also to check out. They are presented by Teaching Blog Addict and Teacher's Notebook. Again, I haven't finished all of the videos in the event because it got me started and I am biting off pieces of it as I am ready to learn more. That is the great thing about these resources - "When the student is ready, the master appears!"
Click on the picture below to read about the Blogging 101 Event.
I can't wait to hop around and meet all of you!