Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Made It Linky!

I am linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics, Monday Made It linky.  She had 155 link ups last week so if you are looking for project inspiration you have got to go check out this linky party.


This is my first time to link up.  I am just getting started working on my classroom for this year.  I will be in a new room this year.  I have painted it and put up new window covering so far.  I will have to wait to start moving  my stuff in and organizing it because my charter school is housed in a church and they are using the room.  The room is also next door to the main office so it is also being used to house anything that doesn't fit in the office - uniforms, donated books, unwanted furniture, etc.


This was really stressing me out so I started on a small project to make me feel like I am doing something to get my room ready.


I decided to try covering my very ugly brown clipboards with scrapbook paper and modge podge.  This was a fun project and I love how they turned out.
First I made a paper template of the clipboard.
Next I cut out scrapbook paper to the shape of the pattern.  The paper is shorter than the pattern so I cut an additional piece of scrapbook paper to put at the bottom.
I planned out more clipboards with coordinating paper.
Here are 3 of the finished clipboards.  They are shiny because they are still drying.
I think I am really going to enjoy these!
Next I need to work on my wall words and bulletin boards.  
Have fun teaching!
Photobucket Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Your clipboard came out great!! I love the paper you used! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too cute! I just love mod podge!

    Maria
    There’s a Giveaway at Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your clipboards turned out fantastic! How did you get your paper so smooth? And the edges look great too! I am trying to do mine with wrapping paper right now....they don't quite look as finished as yours....any tips for smoothness and edges? Thanks!

    ~Heidi V.

    Oh, PS I found you through Tara's Linky Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I responded to you but didn't do it as a reply so I am trying again.
      Scrapbook paper is stiffer than wrapping paper. I modged podged the paper to the board and smoothed out the bubbles. Next time I would use Spray mount for the adhesive because I think it will be easier to work with. It helps to cut the pattern a little bigger than the board and then trim with an xacto knife to the exact size. I covered the back and front but not the edges so you are not trying to get smooth edges. Thank you for reading my post, I hope you follow me.

      Delete
  4. Scrapbook paper is stiffer than wrapping paper. I modge pledged the paper to the board and smoothed out the bubbles. Next time I will use a spray permanent adhesive, cut the pattern a little bigger than the clipboard and then trim it with an xacto knife. I did not wrap the edges but zi did cover the front and back. I learned a lot on this first project and am making the above changes on the next. Thank you for reading my post. I hope you decide to follow me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your clipboards turned out so nice!!! I am jealous that you can paint your room and hang window coverings:) That makes it so much more homey:) I am so glad you were able to link up this week and hope it's not your last:) Thanks bunches:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your clipboards turned out! Thanks for showing us the process - I'm a very visual person! I think I'm going to give this one a try.

    Hooty's Homeroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the clipboards! What a great idea! I'm your latest follower, I would love to have you come by and visit!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pamela,
    I WAS going to do this project but the Mod-Podge really scared me away...but after seeing how cute and well managed your project was I think I will try this after my vacation! Wish me luck
    ~Natalie
    Your newest folower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These turned out great! I am your newest follower.

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your clipboards are great. I really like the color scheme.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look great! Did you use regular Mod Podge (yellow label) or the glossy Mod Podge? Also, why did you say you were going to use a spray adhesive next time? Did it bubble up?

    Thanks for sharing your ideas! :)

    Leslie
    Miss R's Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the regular modge podge. It eventually dried more matte than the photo. I would use spray mount to put the paper down because I think it would be easier. I like the modge podge better as a sealer than an adhesive. I did have to push out some bubbles and that caused me to take the finish off my paper in a couple of places.

      Delete
  12. Hi! I LOVE these, just pinned them, and followed you! Thank you for checking out my blog and becoming a follower!! :)

    I can't wait to make these!

    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love.