Friday, July 6, 2012

And The Award Goes To...

I am so excited and honored to receive a couple of awards from some awesome bloggers.  I am even more excited to pass these awards on to others! I am a fairly newbie blogger and I would be half the teacher without my online teaching family.


I love to read other bloggers blogs.  All of the ideas shared make us all better teachers!   I also love to share freebies because, teaching, after all, can be expensive!
Thank you to Miss Sara from Miss Elementary and Nicole from Rowdy in Room 300 for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award!


Miss Elementary
Rowdy in Room 300
I also want to thank Chelsey from The Wild West, Leslie from The Groovy Teacher, and Aimee V. from Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks for giving me the Lovely Blog Award. 
Button
Button
miss west's Class
Thank you also to Nicadez with A Teacher's Idea for giving me the Liebster Blog award. 
a teacher's Idea
Please click on these awesome teacher's blog names or buttons to go to their sites.  I follow them all and they are overflowing with fabulous ideas.  I hope you will follow them too.


I am passing on these three awards to the following teacher's who inspire me and who are truly great.  Some are new bloggers, like me, and some have been blogging a while.  They are ALL amazing!


I follow them all and you will want to too.  Many of them already have these awards but I want to recognize them and make sure you know about them too.   You can go to each of their sites by clicking on their buttons below.
Krogers Kindergarten
Jens Kinder Kids 
Ginger Snaps
MrsStanfordsClass
Photobucket
Wolfelicious
surfin' Through Second
Teaching Maddeness
Learning Is Something to Treasure
thecaffeinatedclassroom
Primarily Speaking
The Picture Book Teacher's Edition
Grab My Button!
kindertrips
TIPS
Teaching With Love and Laughter
Sissy Frissys
The guidelines of accepting these awards are to:
1.  Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2.  Include a link to their site.
3.  Include the award image in your post.
4.  Give 7 random facts about yourself
5.  Nominate 15 other bloggers with a link to their site. (I got carried away and listed 20 blogs.  I just want to make sure you know about all of them).
6.  Let nominated bloggers know you have nominated them.

Now, 7 random facts about myself:

1.  I met my husband in architecture school and we worked together in our own firm for 10 years.
2.  I was 40 the first time I went to Disneyland!  I had always wanted to go and have now been there 4 times.
3.  I love to bake, but hate to cook.  I seem to be passing this trend onto my daughter.
4.  My husband jumped on the teaching bandwagon last year and now we work together again - this time as teachers.
5.  I was my son's K and 1st grade teacher and next year will be my daughter's 6th grade teacher.
6.  I went to India and Nepal for 5 months for my honeymoon.
7.  I was born in Okinawa, Japan.

Now for an amazing giveaway!

MrsStanfordsClass

Mrs. Standard's 500 Follower Giveaway ends at Midnight EST tonight.  Be sure you enter today if you haven't.
Photobucket Pin It

8 comments:

  1. You are very deserving of the awards. I LOVE your blog. Thank you so much for giving me the award. I do already have it, but it doesn't mean I'm any less excited! :)

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the awards!! You are soo sweet! I just realized that I wasn't following your blog & I thought I was...


    Michelle
    Visit My Blog
    Email The 3AM Teacher
    Visit My FB Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your awards!! What desert do you live in? I used to live in Arizona. Mahalo for the award I am honored! I just posted some new digi papers in my TpT store I think you might like!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Scottsdale, Arizona! I love the beach and your life in Hawaii looks enviable. I also love your digital paper packs. I am going to email you what I made with your Peace paper :) I love your new tropical paper too.

      Delete
  4. Thanks you so much for the award! You are too sweet! I don't think that I could teach my own kids...kudos to you!!
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of funny. It is happening because I taught 2nd, followed by K, and then 2 years of 1st. Next year I am moving up in the grades to 6-8th Science. I still love sharing what I love to do in the K-2 grades though. Those little ones are precious!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for your kind words and award nominations, I am honored to be in such amazing company!
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love.