Monday, June 25, 2012

Organize your Classroom Supplies

Summer is a great time to decide how you will organize your supplies for next year.  I am changing rooms next year and will have shelves instead of cubbies, but the containers and labels will still work great.

Here is the supply cubbie I have had for the last few years:
Sterilite Small Bin
I love the Sterilite Small Bins. I have used plastic shoeboxes, fabric boxes, and other bin versions.  I like these the best.   Here's why:
  • They are very durable, strong, and don't bend out of shape
  • They stack!  You flip in the handles and they stack. 
  • They are easy to pull out of cubbies and shelves because of the handles.
  • They are easy for the kiddos to carry, so I store manipulatives in these too and the kids hand out and pick up the manipulatives easily.
  • They are available at Target and The Container Store and lots of other places as well for approximately $2.50.

Now the labels are a few years old and not very fancy (one is missing, you can see) so I needed a label update.  
You can get your own FREE set by clicking on the picture below.
 If you like something a little fancier, check out my stores for other designs such as the one below:
Polka Dot


Now on to make some of those cute Pinterest scrapbook paper covered clipboards!


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
Photobucket Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I'm you newest follower. I found you through Manic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the sterlite baskets, too. I really like them, I am considering spray painting them in my new classroom colors- blue and green. I like your polka-dot labels!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those bins! I use many different sizes in my classroom. Mostly in my library. I've gone through a lot of boxes/bins too and these are definitely the best.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart your freebies! Thank you for sharing! P.S. I am your newest blog & pinterest follower! When you get a chance come on over to check out my newbie blog!

    Sylvia
    I Heart My Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your labels-I found you through Manic Monday. I am your newest follower.
    Delena
    Learn with ME in Grade Three

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have these in each of my kids cubbies and for my math and literacy stations. They are awesome! It doesn't matter how many times my kids drop them, they survive! :-) I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog!! I've awarded you the One Lovely Blog award! Stop by my blog and pick it up :)

    Chelsey♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the labels. I homeschool, but LOVE to organize! Thank you!! :)
    ~Becky
    www.thisreadingmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!
    I've just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Congrats!
    Come check it out!
    Sara
    Miss Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the labels and the wonderful info.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love.