Monday, May 21, 2012

Thank You Parent Volunteers!

The end of year is coming to a close very quickly this week (can I get an Amen!) and I wanted to let my parent volunteers know that I appreciate all they have done throughout the year.  I wanted to give something girly, cute, useful, and inexpensive.  Easy, right?  Well, it took a while for me to come up with an idea but in the end I chose to give them strawberry and mint plants.  I made thank you tag plant sticks and I love how they turned out.  The cute ceramic planters come from Wal-Mart.
I also wanted to give just a little something to  a few of the teachers I work with that help me in so many little ways - potty breaks, switching lunch duty days, and always dropping everything when I stop in.  So, I gave them little bags of chocolate chip cookies with a special tag.
You can download these gift tags by clicking on the tag pictures below.  All three tag designs are in one file.

Lindsey at The Teacher Wife has a great blog post showing what she did for her parent volunteers and she is also adding links to other blogs that have cute parent thank you ideas too!  Click HERE to go to her post and check out more great ideas.


I am also linking up with Courtney's End of the Year Gift Linky Party.  Click on the picture below to check it out.
I would love to hear how you thank your parent volunteers this year.  Leave your blog post in the comments and I'll add yours to my blog post as well.
Photobucket Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I wish I had parent volunteers to give them this cute gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you don't have parent volunteers. I have never had a room mom but I did have a few moms that would consistently pitch in when I asked. By the way, I love your blog and follow it.

      Delete
  2. I love these ideas & your cute tags!! Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela! I'm your newest follower from AZ. Your gift idea is really precious! Here's a link to my post on volunteer gifts I made. http://aroundthekampfire.blogspot.com/2012/05/little-sprout-of-blog.html
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered your blog yesterday and became a follower right away. I love it. Thanks for following my blog. I like your thanks a million gift. I have pinned it to remember it.

      Delete
  4. Too cute! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are sooo cute! I had a break this year from teaching, so I didn't have to get all creative....

    Thanks for sharing!!


    Michelle
    3amteacher@gmail.com
    The 3AM Teacher
    Visit The 3AM Teacher FB Page

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! I just found your blog but I wished I had found it earlier so I could use your idea before school was over. Thanks for linking up!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used the berry one on some raspberry lotion, too! It worked out so well and really dressed up the gift! Thanks for sharing!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could find yours! I adore you parent helper and colleague gifts! My parent helpers last year all loved to cook, and this gift would have been perfect! :)
    I look forward to following your blog and seeing more of your adorable ideas!
    Lisa
    Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love.