Friday, May 4, 2012

Oceans

We are learning about habitats this week and yesterday we made our ocean bulletin board and wrote about ocean animals.  We are also making an Animal Groups and Animal Habitats book to go along with our study where we are writing about the different attributes of animals groups and habitats.  We had  a lot of fun creating our ocean bulletin board.  There was tons of student creativity and it came out great.
I was so impressed by their originality.  I had patterns for about six different sea animals but, my very creative and independent class decided that they each wanted to make their own animals.  So, with sea animal books and kids all over the floor and tables in the classroom, they went to work and created an ocean masterpiece!  We even have a sea snake (I have one student who ONLY draws snakes).




What do you do for your ocean unit?
Photobucket Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I just LOVE how this looks - you can tell how much the children enjoyed making it their own. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was so impressed with the kiddos. Their own creativity was much better than my "patterns".

      Delete
  2. Love the bulletin board. Your kiddos did an awesome job of creating their own sea animals.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure did! Thanks for leaving your comment.

      Delete
  3. Love that bulletin board! The colors are fantastic!

    My class studies the OCEAN and we break it into the different zones and categorize in that way. We spend more time in the Sunlight Zone, obviously, but if you check out some of my past posts you'll see a few of my ideas. Like this one: http://www.cotesclass.blogspot.com/2012/04/friday-science-shark-skin.html

    We explored the texture of a shark's skin in science time.
    SO MUCH FUN!

    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. You really got in depth with your firsties.

      Delete
  4. I love your board!!!

    Thanks for sharing the pics!! I miss having a classroom to decorate!!


    Michelle
    3amteacher@gmail.com
    The 3AM Teacher
    Visit The 3AM Teacher FB Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. Habitats is our last bulletin board hoorah!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving some love.