My Sssssssuper Snake!

Today we made snakes.  We have been learning about animals and habitats and, as we live in Arizona, the desert.  For a fun project today, we made snakes out of ties.  We opened up one end, filled them with rice (I had two parent helpers - I recommend this!) and re-closed them, added red felt tongues, and googly eyes with a glue gun (parent helper again). 

Then the kiddos names their snakes and laid them out to measure them.

The students measured how many cubes long they were and compared their snakes with each others.

Here is their form they filled out as they completed their activities.

And finally, they were just fun to play with!

Do you have a fun measuring activity you have done in your class?  I would love to hear about it.
Photobucket Pin It

2 comments :

  1. Love this Pamela! We do our Desert Unit at the beginning of the year and I would love to do this with my class next year! :) Thanks for sharing!
    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me.