Tuesday, May 15, 2012

First Grade Gold Medalists Awards


Award Medal Ribbons 12ct 

I am starting to clean out my classroom and I came across a bunch of party favor gold medal necklaces that I had used during the Winter Olympics a couple of years ago.  It inspired me to create "Gold Medalist Awards" for each of my first graders, tying into the Summer Olympics coming up.  


Rather than celebrating specific academic achievements, these awards celebrate the "victor" in all of us to go out every day and give our best.  Here are a few examples:


Gold Medalist in Boxing - For hitting your goals out of the ring
Gold Medalist in Swimming - For always going the distance and giving your best
Gold Medalist Equestrian - For jumping into everything with enthusiasm


I am going to give a gold medal out with each of the certificates.  I think the kids are going to love it!


There are 9 different Gold Medalist Awards for boys and girls (18 total).  You can get them from my TpT store HERE and from my TN store HERE.


Do you give out end of year certificates?  I'd love to hear what you do.
Photobucket Pin It

2 comments:

  1. How cute...the medal awards! :-)
    Thanks again for stopping by my blog today!
    Michelle
    nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your award ideas! Very creative!!!!

    Michelle
    Teach123

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love.