Monday, April 30, 2012

DIY Teacher Appreciation Thumbprint Flower Pot

We had a silent auction last week and each class was given $15 from the PTO to come up with something to be auctioned off from their class.  This project was inspired by a Mother's Day flower pot I saw on Pinterest.


This is an easy to make project that I make with my firsties for the auction.  I think it would make a great teacher appreciation gift or room mom gift.  It is pretty enough to keep for yourself!

I took a plain terracotta pot and painted it light blue with water-based craft paint.  Then I used a student's fingers to make the grass and added bugs, birds, and flowers with the rest of the class's thumbprints and fingerprints.  After the paint dried, I used a Sharpie to add the detail to the bugs.  I love how it turned out.


Leave a comment to share class gifts you have made with your class or other teacher appreciation ideas.
Photobucket



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is similar to one my son had painted for me for a Mother's Day when he was in preschool. Sadly, it broke - thanks for posting. We're going to make a morning/afternoon of painting fun w/his sister this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for this! we did it for our teachers and it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love.