Lorax Approved!

As no paper was used in the creation of this blog, I declare it "Lorax Approved!"  I am so excited to be making my first post.  I have wanted to start a blog since last summer when I discovered teaching blogs! I follow alot of teaching blogs.  All of you wonderful, creative teachers have inspired me this year and I had to start my own blog to make new friends and connect with other creative teachers.  I am a second-career teacher.  After having another career for almost 20 years, I was inspired by one of my children's teachers and encouraged by a friend (thanks Kim!) to go back to school and become a teacher.  I am in my 3rd year of teaching and my second in first grade.  I LOVE teaching first grade.  Our school has 3 projects a year that we do school-wide and our third one is on environmental awareness.  Being a first grade teacher, a big Dr. Seuss fan (who isn't?) and waiting with baited breath for The Lorax movie to come out, I had to do a Lorax-themed project.  Not to mention that we will pack as many reading, writing, math, and social studies standards into our fun as we can.  Below is a preview of The Lorax Mini-Unit.  You can see more of this unit and get FREE Lorax Posters from my TpT or Teacher's Notebook shop.


Pin It

2 comments :

  1. I'm a newbie blogger too, and your most recent follower!
    Check out my blog & follow me at http://wildaboutteaching10.blogspot.com!

    Love the stuff in your TpT store too!
    -Lacey
    laceykyates@gmail.com
    wildaboutteaching10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower! Congratulations on your new blog :)
    I teach first grade and I adore it. Come visit my blog and follow if you have time.


    Randi @ Teach It With Class
    My TPT Store
    My Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me.